Svalvogar Cliffs Super Jeep
Formerly called Under The Cliffs
Starting from: Reykjavík, Ísafjörður, Þingeyri
Duration: 7-8 hours
Minimum age: 6 years old
Min: 2 pax Max: 5 pax
This thrilling super jeep safari is one of Iceland's ultimate off the beaten path adventures!
We follow the rugged shoreline trail around the Svalvogar peninsula. Characterised by sharp cliffs and intimidating mountains, inspiring fjord views and surf battered beaches, colourful rocks and ancient volcanic layers, silent creeks and haunted valleys, rich birdlife and diverse vegetation; the Svalvogar trail offers an unforgettable experience.
This tour can also be booked as a day tour from Reykjavik, and you can select the option to book flights and the corresponding airport transfers in Reykjavik and Isafjordur as an extra upon booking.
It is also possible to book a private tour.
The trail is only 50 km but very slow going and we'll take about 4 hours to make our way around it. As we bump along & under the cliffs and steep mountains, you'll have the option of walking a part of the trail in addition to frequent stops to enjoy the surroundings. Expect to see a large variety of birds and vegetation along with starkling cliffs and rock formations.
Seals, arctic foxes and whales have all been seen occasionally on this tour and free roaming sheep are usually there to cheer us up as well! Early in the summer one can see seasonal waterfalls and beautiful lupine fields, later in the summer the autumn colours start blossoming and delicious wild growing bilberries become ripe for picking.
Complementary pickup & dropoff is available from anywhere in Ísafjörður town or Þingeyri village.
If you select this tour as a day tour from Reykjavík, then your itinerary will be as follows:
- Pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík and transfer by taxi to Reykjavík Domestic Airport
- Flight from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Ísafjörður
- Depending on your flight time and the hour of departure for the tour, you will be either transfered from the Ísafjörður airport to our office in town (if there is an interval of more than 40 min between your arrival in Ísafjörður and the tour departure), or picked up directly at the airport for the tour if less than 40 min between your arrival in Ísafjörður and the tour departure
- Go on a 7 hours tour SuperJeep tour on Svalvogar trail, and afterwards you will be dropped off in Ísafjörður, where you can spend several hours exploring this charming fjord town
- Pick up from Ísafjörður ~45 min before the evening flight and transfer to Ísafjörður Airport
- Domestic flight from Ísafjörður to Reykjavík
- Transfer between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to your accommodation in Reykjavík
- Super jeep tour with English speaking local driver guide
- Pickup and dropoff in Isafjordur town or airport
With departure from Reykjavík, the following are additionally included:
- Return transfers from your accommodation in Reykjavík to Reykjavik Domestic Airport
- Return flights Reykjavík-Ísafjörður
- Transfer from Ísafjörður Airport to our office in the town of Ísafjörður if flight arrival is more than 40 min before tour departure or pick up from the airport if arrival is less than 40 min before tour departure
- Transfer from Ísafjörður to Ísafjörður Airport for the evening flight
Please note that we give a 100% refund for this tour if your domestic flight doesn't land in time or your cruise ship can't dock due to weather
Minimum 2 participants are required for this tour to be operated. In case the minimum has not been reached 48 hours before departure then we will cancel the tour and fully refund your deposit.
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothes suitable for Icelandic weather. Recommended: Multi-layered clothing (including non-cotton base layer, fleece or wool mid-layer and wind- and water-proof jacket and pants)
- Water bottle
- Lunchpack. Please note that for ~4-5 hours as we go around Svalvogar, there will be no opportunities to buy refreshments, so it's important to have a packed lunch with you.
- Don't forget your camera!